Saturday, February 27, 2010

FO: Claudia hat

This project was a last-minute addition to my Ravelympics repertoire and got me a medal in the "Hat Half-Pipe" event.

Pattern: Claudia by MJ Kim
Started: February 26, 2010
Finished: February 27, 2010

Yarn: less than 1 skein of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Solids & Heathers (80% Acrylic, 20% Wool; 197 yds per 85 g ball) in "Rose Heather"
Needles: #5 for most of the hat; #4 for the CO and fancy-ness

I saw this hat on Thursday night at my knitting group and *loved* it. On Friday I decided to use some stash yarn to knit one up for myself. I feel less guilty now about how easily I finished my Ravelympics socks...

This is the nicest hat I've knit, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. During the decreases, I could have k2tog a bit tighter but I think it turned out great. If I make this hat again, I'll learn how to cable without a cable needle. I was too busy watching tv to learn a new technique. ;)

3 comments:

Julie said...

gorgeous hat!! it looks fantastic on you, too.

artfulstarfish said...

Looks awesome!

Ann said...

Cute hat and well executed.
And I'm not just saying that because I have a soft spot for the smocking stitch. :-)