Wednesday, February 24, 2010

FO: Sunday Swing Socks

My Ravelympics 2010 project is done! These socks were entered in the "WIPs-Dancing" event, as you can see from the snazzy medal I just received.

Pattern: Sunday Swing Socks by Kristel Nyberg
Source: Knitty, Summer 2009
Started: August 19, 2009 (in Nice, France)
Finished: February 20, 2010 (during two man bobsled)

Size: Women's medium
Yarn: 240 yds of Tanis Fiber Arts Blue Label Fingering Weight yarn (80% Superwash Merino Wool, 20% Nylon; 400 yds per 115 g ball) in "Peacock"
Needles: #1 dpns

This pattern is from the Summer 2009 issue of Knitty. It was easy to follow and went by really quickly. (That's saying a lot because socks usually take me forever and a day to make.)

The toes fit especially well, and the color is really pretty in person. I only strayed once from the pattern; it said to pull the yarn through the 8 live stitches to close the toe, but I did Kitchener stitch.

I knitted them in front of the TV--Olympics, of course--and finished the first one during the pairs figure skating event and the second one during two man bobsled. In between, the socks and I saw men's figure skating, various skiing & skating events, and ice dancing.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Great socks!! And congrats on finishing your ravelympics projects! Whoot!

Ann said...

Pretty!
Yippee Ravelympics!

Now I want to finish my project so I can get a spiffy WIPs-Dancing medal too.