Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ravelry is awesome

Most knitters know that Ravelry is completely awesome. Until recently, I'd been obsessed with it for searching for patterns, seeing what others are working on, looking for pattern help/errata, etc.

Additional Reason #1: About a month ago, I found a small group of young knitters who wanted to get together right up the street from my house. We now meet once a week and I always have a great time. (Last week I also got a lot of Ravelympics knitting done and soon I'll learn how to crochet.)

Additional Reason #2: A couple of weeks ago, someone contacted me because she saw my stash contained a 1/2 ball of yarn in her dye lot. I was happy to help and mailed it off. To my surprise, she wanted to thank me by sending yarn back my way. Look at the fabulous yarn she gave me.

The two skeins of Schoeller Stahl Fortissima Socka yarn in "Wine" will become Oliver socks for Dennis. The hank of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Mediumweight yarn in "River Rocked" will become socks for me. Roseann is awesome, and very generous!!

I got the yarn the other day and spent a long time looking for patterns on Ravelry. If I'd voted in the Bobby Awards before today, I would have found the Database of Sock Patterns that was nominated for Most Educational Post/Thread. Educational indeed! I promptly voted for them and joined their group. (I also found some really cool patterns while voting.)

3 comments:

Julie said...

definitely two aesome examples of why ravelry is amazing!! great yarn, by the way.

kim said...

oooh i love being reason #1 :)

Sandy said...

Thanks, ladies! :)