Sunday, November 28, 2010

FO: Monkey Socks

Pattern: "Monkey" by Cookie A.
Source: Knitty, Winter 2006
Size: Women's medium
Started: October 9, 2010
Finished: November 2, 2010
Gifting: December 25, 2010

Yarn: less than 1 skein of Fiber Optic Yarns Foot Notes (420 yards per 114g skein; 80% Merino, 20% Nylon) in "No. 26 - Days of Wine & Roses" (even prettier in person than in these pics)
Needle: US 1½ - 2.5 mm
Modifications: Cuff is K2P2 ribbing instead of K1P1 ribbing. Did it by mistake on the first one, and made the second one to match.

I'm giving these Monkeys to my sister-in-law for Christmas. They should fit her more snugly/better than shown in the pictures and I really hope she likes them. I've never knitted her anything before and am sure I'll be super-nervous when she opens them.

It usually takes me forever to make socks, but these got knitted pretty quickly because of all the traveling I did in October - on planes, in cars, and on the subway. I originally CO with Socks That Rock Mediumweight with the intention of knitting these up on the bus/plane ride to and from two DC rallies. Unfortunately that version of the socks ended up being unacceptably unattractive (ugly color pooling) so I ripped it out in favor of this yarn. What a good decision - these socks are beautiful!
Knitted these socks with two circs, but used dpns to do the gussets. I was calling the STR version my "rally socks" so it's kinda cool that I finished them on Election Day.

1 comment:

Julie said...

they look fantastic!! I love the raspberry colour.